Sunday, November 8, 2009

Dedicated To The Kids



I decided to dedicate a blog showing pictures of the art projects I work on with kids. They truly are inspirational and keep me focused. Working with children can be very rewarding. I've been an artist since I was 6 years old and really got serious about my work at age 18. After having my daughter I got really involved in the school baking cupcakes and being a secretary taking minutes at  school meetings. The program found out I was an artist and was in need of a art program in the school. Every since then I've had the opportunity to work as an art teacher in several programs in New York City and have been teaching for over 7 years and love it!



It's always challenging! Some kids at first are not interested in art, some are, some need a self esteem boost, some have special needs and sometimes if not the kids it's the parents. Some parents forget that art is important and how it is to be a kid or need to be reminded of how the world looks through child's eyes. I think I have the best job in the world being able to inspire, teach, create, learn and have fun. But most of all it's just great being a mom.



Hope you enjoy!
Sarah Aponte

No comments:

Post a Comment